Using a trust as a beneficiary of an IRA has always been a popular financial planning technique. With the passage of the Secure Act in 2019 and lower individual tax rates, does it still make sense? What are the positives and negatives of continuing to use this approach?
Join BWFA for an interactive workshop and let us answer your questions and provide insight into the pros and cons of using a trust as an IRA beneficiary.
Tuesday, February 28, 2023 from 11:45 AM to 1:00 PM EST
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- How can I protect my beneficiaries?
- How can I protect my assets?
- Multi-generational wealth provided by trusts
- Possible higher taxation – trust tax brackets are higher than individuals
- Accelerated distribution – loss of tax deferral (Secure Act requires 10 years)
- Loss of multiple beneficiary tax planning
We hope you can join us!
President and CEO
BWFA is a Fee-Only/Fiduciary Advisor.
For questions or help registering please contact,