The Sr. Operations Specialist will report to Chief Operating Officer & Senior Portfolio Manager, Joseph Manfredi. As well as Director of Client Services, Meghan Manas
The Operations Specialist performs a variety of operational and administrative duties within an assigned area of Operations, to include investment management, financial planning, tax advisory, business services and general firm management. The position entails heavy client service and custodian and vendor interaction with a high-volume of e-mails and telephone communication. The Operations Specialist must be able to work independently, have excellent time management skills, collaborate, and effectively interact as a team member. This position requires a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and client servicing skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Excellent Client Service Support
- Provide comprehensive client service support by answering questions, recommending solutions that add value in meeting or exceeding the client’s needs, facilitating data or reporting requests, etc.
- Continuously search for opportunities to improve our client experience
- Support the Director of Client Services in the overall operations and administration support of the firm.
- Manage and support the operational aspects to onboard, maintain, and close portfolios which includes the setup of account attributes, data feed connectivity, codifying client and/or firm guidelines in the compliance system, and verifying funding status
- Update daily, monthly, and quarterly performance calculations for multiple strategies and composites. Daily monitoring of performance exceptions and responding to client requests for issue resolution
- Provide data/information and generate reports for clients, Investment team, and Client Service team
- Prepare and distribute quarter-end client reporting during the first 5 business days after quarter end. Develop and maintain ad hoc and custom reports as required.
- Proactively lead and evolve automation and process improvements initiatives
- Support and assist in other operational activities, as needed, such as contributions/withdrawals, trade settlements
- Liaison with our outside compliance team to ensure effective controls are in place across daily tasks and functions to mitigate risk. Identify, document, and implement new risk controls.
- Ensure timely reporting of all compliance reporting such as: Employee reports, ADV, 13F
Process Development and Improvement
- Help to develop and implement efficient processes and workflows as our business grows and changes
- Proactively review current processes to identify areas where efficiency can be improved and/or risks mitigated. Implement best-in-class controls, universal standards, and follow industry best practices.
- Work closely with different teams including Client Service, Trading, Compliance, Investment, etc. to implement process, system, and product changes
- 5-7 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Strong dedication to high quality client service for both external and internal clients
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Exceptional work ethic, resourceful, inquisitive
- Willing to challenge the status quo by asking “why” and identify new and better ways of working
- Collaborates effectively as part of a team while also being able to work independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Highly self-motivated with an analytical mindset, strategic aptitude, and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ideal team members for our office culture will have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and have collaborative interpersonal skills
Please email your resume to Meghan Manas, firstname.lastname@example.org