The goal of BWFA’s summer program is to provide guidance, educational opportunities and real life experience to our interns.
While we aim to make the experience as meaningful as possible for them, we too gain so much from our time together. It has been such a pleasure working with our summer interns over the years, including this summer’s impressive line-up.
While the summer program looked different this year courtesy of COVID-19, I was very proud of all the projects that our interns completed on an entirely virtual basis! We worked with each intern to identify and highlight their individual strengths whether that be in the area of technology, data analysis or design. Each brought their own unique strengths to the table in the variety of projects they worked on. Here’s an overview of some of their accomplishments.
- They helped design our ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) Investing page on our website. This can be found under the Services tab at BWFA.com. Please check it out.
- They created stock portfolios while observing the impact of COVID-19 on their selected investments.
- They worked with different BWFA mentors to tackle the complex issue of revising the existing Social Security system and proposed changes to address many of its current flaws. The interns dedicated a significant amount of time collaborating, diving deep into researching complex economic topics, and crafting a well-reasoned and meaningful analysis of this topic. You can access their co-authored white paper “Social Security 2.0: The Great Compromise” on the BWFA Institute & Internship page of our website located under the About Us tab.
- They attended weekly meetings via Zoom where they could ask me questions and explore any aspect of the financial services industry. I enjoyed this time tremendously!
- Last, but not least, they assisted with the company’s internal operations by preparing various materials for the firm. This was a big help to our managers.
Thank you to Andrew, Jennifer, Annie, Cameron, Jake, and Steven for spending your summer with us and sharing your many talents! We hope you gained valuable experience, learned about the financial services industry, and enjoyed yourselves. BWFA wishes you all the best! Good luck to you all!!
ROBERT G. CARPENTER
President & CEO