Over the years, it has become increasingly clear to us what our clients expect in their dealings with Baltimore-Washington Financial Advisors. We think it is so important that we have developed seven Operating Principles which, taken together, express the goals we strive for in operating our firm. We hope that by articulating these principles, our associates and our clients will understand what guides us.
We would like to share them with you:
- Individual attention to your needs – We genuinely enjoy the opportunity to meet with our clients. Each time we do, we strive to help that person tackle a problem. If we can demonstrate the value of what we do by discovering potential problems the client may face in the future, we are gratified. Everyone enjoys being important to someone.
- Clarity counts – We know that good communication takes effort and care. Our clients are entitled to clear answers and understandable information. Simple explanations of complex issues do not just happen. Organizing and presenting difficult financial subject matter and new information in a straightforward way requires intense preparation and scrutiny. Our job is to make things as effortless as possible for our clients.
- Looking beyond the numbers – Our clients are entitled to high-quality analysis in the work we do for them. Most often, our analysis involves the use of numbers and quantitative techniques. But we also focus on more intangible issues such as our clients’ dreams, ambitions and lifestyle. We owe each client the best of what we have, even when the issues and answers might be difficult for both of us.
- Meeting expectations – We take responsibility for delivering our services accurately, on time, and in a way that is consistent with our clients’ expectations. In all interactions between people, there is room for misunderstanding, and misunderstanding can lead to frustration. We will always take special steps to minimize the possibility of miscommunication and disappointment.
- Acknowledging our limitations – It is up to us to make sure that our clients’ expectations about our firm and what we can deliver are accurate. Our clients should never be surprised in their dealings with us. Therefore, we should never hesitate to point out what we cannot deliver. While we are equipped to handle almost every financial issue that may arise, some matters are best left to other types of professionals, and it is important to identify these situations as early as possible.
- Easier access to answers – It should be easy for clients to deal with our firm, in a variety of ways. We are constantly developing and restructuring our internal systems and procedures to help our clients to get the answers they need when they need them.
- Trust engenders obligations – We recognize that we are important in the lives of our clients. They have entrusted us with their most sensitive and confidential information. We take the responsibility seriously. Our clients have the right to expect that we will honor the confidence they have placed in us by delivering the best service that we can, with care, skill and intelligence.