Attention Students: 
You Might Need to File a Tax Return

Alert to college and high school students working a summer job. If your total income goes over $5,700 for the year, you’ll need to file a tax return for 2010. If you earn less than $5,700 but also have investment income (interest, dividends, capital gains, etc.) greater than $300, you’ll have to file tax returns. If your employer didn’t withhold any federal or state taxes, you’ll need to be prepared to pay taxes with your return by April 15, 2011.

Need help? Give BWFA a call at 410-461-3900.