What’s Happening at BWFA:
Segway Team-Building Event
By: Meghan Manas
The Staff recently spent a day bonding and enjoying the sights of DC. As you can see from the photos below, a wonderful day was had by everyone! Our BWFA Team was challenged to find and snap candid photos in front of particular landmarks in our capital. We located more than forty!
We are pleased to announce the addition of three new BWFA Employees this quarter:
- Phil Weiss joined BWFA in June 2013 as Chief Securities Analyst. Prior to joining BWFA, Phil worked for Argus Research as a Senior Analyst covering the Energy sector from June 2006 through May 2013. Phil started his career with Deloitte & Touche where he specialized in international tax research and planning, and subsequently worked for Fortune 500 firms, primarily in the health care and Business-to-Business industries. Phil has served as an expert commentator for Bloomberg, CNBC, the Wall Street Journal, Market Watch, CNN Money, Reuters, AP and other media outlets. He was selected the second-ranked stock picker for Energy Equipment & Services industry by FT/StarMine for 2008. Phil has a Bachelor of Science degree from Rutgers University. He is a CFA charterholder, is a CPA in the state of New Jersey and is also a member of the Baltimore Society of Security Analysts.
- Brian MacMillan joined BWFA in May 2013 as Business Services Manager. He is a graduate of Salisbury University where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. Brian attended the Management Development Program at the University of Delaware College of Business & Economics and holds the Financial Recasting Consultant Designation from RWS Business Valuation Services. Brian has been a consultant for buyers and sellers of privately held businesses for over 10 years. During this time, he has worked with publicly traded corporations, private equity firms, owners of small- and medium-sized privately held businesses, and high net-worth individuals. Previously, he had experience working for a Fortune 500 company and was involved in the successful start-up and sale of two businesses. Brian has multi-industry experience in business development, sales, marketing, finance, accounting, and operations. Brian enjoys biking, golfing, traveling and spending time with his wife and two sons.
- Meghan Cover joined BWFA in May 2013 as an Administrative Assistant. A 2010 graduate of Garrison Forest School, she will be entering her fourth and final year at the University of Virginia in the fall of 2013 where she is seeking a Bachelor of Science in Economics. Meghan lives in Owings Mills. In her free time she enjoys playing squash and volunteering.
BWFA in the Community
- Our own Chris Kelly participated in a sprint triathlon in June held at Rocky Gap State Park to benefit the Cumberland YMCA. Their mission is to serve human needs in Allegany County and the Tri-State region through programs and services that promote lifelong personal growth and the balanced development of spirit, mind, and body.
BWFA Family Ties
- We are happy to report Meghan, Eric, and Miriam Manas are home and enjoying their lives together as a new family.