Baltimore-Washington Financial Advisors, Elville and Associates & Special Guest Speaker Jill Rosner, RN, BSN, CCM® invite you to an interactive workshop on “Understanding The Difference Between Alzheimer’s and Dementia”.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Discuss Alzheimer Disease and Dementia- what do these terms mean?
- Discuss symptoms and behaviors of the disease
- Examine the brain model and its importance in identifying from where behaviors arise
- Managing challenging behaviors and discussing possible causes
- Progression of the disease- discuss the early, moderate and late stages
- Medications- are they the answer? Increase awareness
- Incompetent vs. Incapable- what are the definitions?
- The importance of Advanced Directives or MOLST
- Caregiver burnout- who does that include? What are symptoms? How can you manage it?