Business Services – ESOP
Employee Stock Ownership Plans, or ESOPs, are an effective exit strategy for shareholders of closely held companies.
ESOPs are a form of a stock bonus and retirement plan, designed to invest in company stock.
ESOPs can be an effective solution for most business with more than 20 full time employees. And, ESOPs do not need to be used only as an exit strategy. ESOPs can also be used to borrow money for the acquisition of new assets, or as a reward system to motivate and retain employees.
Additional ESOP strengths include:
- Allows owners to defer taxes related to the sale of their business
- May provide owners with the highest sales price for their business
- Employee and Company Tax Benefits
- Employers are also able to deduct contributions made to the ESOP
- Flexibility in terms of how much of the business is liquefied
- Ability to maintain existing management team
- Business owners may continue to run their company
- Increased ability to service debt
When employers engage the right Merger & Acquisition Advisors, the process for implementing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan is straightforward and runs smoothly. BWFA has perfected the art of ESOP implementation and designed a results-oriented process for successful execution: